Location: Jersey City, NJ
Summary: This position is for a senior DB2 z/OS Systems Programmer in a large data sharing environment.
• Provide 24 x 7 on-call support
• Install and maintain DB2 for z/OS and other vendor products
• Provide Subject Matter Expert support to application DBAs
• Responsible for systems performance and resolution of production incidents
• Research new technologies and recommend process improvement solutions
• Work with hardware and software vendors on issues and enhancements
Minimum or Basic Requirements:
Include minimum required education/degree, experience and/or background, computer skills, language skills, or licenses.
• Minimum 10 years as a Senior System Programmer in a Sysplex environment
• Expert knowledge of: z/OS, TSO/ISPF, Cobol, DB2, CICS, JCL, CLIST/REXX
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills (Required)
• Knowledge of hardware components
• Knowledge of BMC products: Mainview, DASD Manager, Catalog Manager
• Ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issues
• The candidate should also be well versed with tools such as MAINVIEW monitors, SPUFI, TSO, MS Windows, Excel, PowerPoint
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and/or education.
Additional / Preferred Requirements:
• Must be familiar with BMC suite of utilities.