Location: Livingston, NJ
Title: Middleware Engineer - BizTalk
Duration: 6 months (potential extension or hire thereafter)
This position will be responsible for support of production and user testing environments for all software above OS stack, which includes vendor and in-house based applications. Interaction with all layers of Infrastructure and Application Development teams is necessary. Work will include project and operational tasks, with emphasis on coordination across teams.
1. Primary responsibility for application support focused on Microsoft (MS) IIS-based products.
2. Experience with production support of multi-server BizTalk 2006 R2 or IIS web farms required.
3. Application work will include troubleshooting production issues, performing root cause analysis after incidents, tuning, and security analysis.
4. Promotion of application code from in-house Application Development teams
5. Vended product upgrade planning, coordination across teams and rollout
6. Ability to clearly communicate across multiple tiers of organization
7. Ability to interface with off-shore team members for support of daily tasks and teaching of new technology
8. Follow existing organizational and team processes while always looking for improvements
9. Provide off-hours support as needed
1. Minimum 5 years’ experience with IIS-hosted applications in a production, multi-server implementation.
2. Minimum 1 year experience with BizTalk 2006 R2 or similar .net messaging system.
3. Solid knowledge of Windows 2003/2008 operating systems, along with basic network knowledge for troubleshooting
4. Prior experience with Oracle (BEA) WebLogic, Oracle Universal Content Management, Adobe LiveCycle, or Tomcat administration a big plus.
5. Experience with RedHat Linux also a plus.
6. Candidate should have experience in platform evaluation for performance and optimization, general troubleshooting and problem management skills, and ability to multi-task.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must.
8. Scripting experience (PowerShell, Perl, etc.) for automation of administrative tasks preferred
9. Project management experience a plus.