The Network Engineer’s role is to ensure the stable operation of the in-house computer network, telephony and telecommunications infrastructure. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network and telephony hardware, software, and communication links. The person will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
Strategy & Planning:
· Perform network design and capacity planning.
· Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network and telephony resource administration, and disaster recovery.
· Establish service level agreements with various business constituents.
Acquisition & Deployment:
· Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to evaluate network and telecommunications products and services.
· Conduct research on network telecommunications products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
· Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of network and telecommunications equipment and software, firewall and other network security components, WAN accelerators, Network Access Control and peripheral devices.
· Manage all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, and UPSs.
· Manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
· Ensure network connectivity of all computing assets (Servers, Workstations, etc).
· Administer equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
· Participate in network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
· Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
· Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
· May provide guidance to junior members of the Network team.
Formal Education & Certification:
· Four-year university degree or college diploma in the field of computer science and/or 10+ years equivalent work experience.
· At least one certifications in the following list:
Knowledge & Experience
· 10+ years experience managing and configuring enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc.
· Hands-on experience troubleshooting hardware such as routers, bridges, switches, hubs, modems, network interface cards, Cisco all models, various models of IDS.
· Knowledge of various routing protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, etc.
· Knowledge of Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching including STP, RSTP and Ether Channel
· Knowledge of QOS engineering and tuning and WAN bandwidth management
· Experience installing network cabling and patching telephony systems
· Experience with Avaya and VOIP.
· Knowledge and understanding of system flow charts, data processing concepts, and telecommunications principles.
· Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
Salary open and based upon experience.
Visa sponsorship is not available.