Location: Livingston, NJ
This is a UNIX Admin position. This position is required to support critical production and non-production systems which run on the UNIX/Linux server platform at Client.
- Perform Level 3 (L3) UNIX / Linux system administration.
- Ensure the operational reliability and effectiveness of the enterprise UNIX / Linux server infrastructure.
- Perform problem determination and resolution of infrastructure-related interruptions utilizing internal and external resources as appropriate.
- Implement technology solutions to optimize the global information delivery process to Client colleagues worldwide.
- Closely adhere to Client’s Service Desk, Change Management, and Security/Risk policies and procedures.
- Participate in the periodic execution of the business continuance plan, including scheduling, coordination, and documentation updates.
- On-call rotation schedule for after-hours support.
This candidate should possess the following:
- 7+ Years of UNIX and Linux administration experience.
- Experience working for financial services or banking organizations is a plus.
- Operating system experience (required, in order of importance): AIX, Linux (RHEL), Solaris, and HP-UX.
- Hardware experience: IBM PowerVM, HP 9000 (PA-RISC), and SUN SPARC based UNIX servers and peripherals.
- Packaged Software experience (required): NetBackup, Oracle, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Visio.
- Packaged Software experience (nice to have): Sybase, HP OpenView, Nagios, and Centrify tools.
- Strong shell or Perl scripting capability.
- Networking experience: Ethernet, TCP/IP.
- Storage experience: EMC (required) and NetApp (a plus).
- Strong engineering capabilities including requirements and impact analysis.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to work well within a team.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong process documentation skills.
- Ability to manage detailed tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Ability to work after normal business hours and on weekends as required.