Location: Parsippany, NJ
Lead Security Analyst (IS Engineer)
The Corporate Security Information Security - Security Event Management Team is charged with providing Real-Time Security Event Monitoring and Response.
The Technical Lead Security Analyst will lead a Team of Security Analysts performing Event Analysis and
Investigations within the Information Security Operations Team. The Lead Security Analyst will be the
Technical Leader of the Security Event Management Team in all Information Security Operations efforts
ranging from Analyzing Event Data, Network Security and Technologies (TCP/IP, Topology), Operating
System Security (Windows & UNIX), Database Security, Internet/Web, AV/Anti-Malware, Intrusion
Detection and Prevention, Penetration and Vulnerability Testing, SIEM to Firewall Technologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership during the design, development, and testing phase of major projects
and initiatives for the Security Operations Team.
- Research, analyze and understand log sources, particularly security
and networking devices (such as firewalls, routers, anti-virus products, and operating systems)
- Interfaces with IT Teams to adapt tool capabilities to meet operational requirements
- Provide Level 2 escalations to services and operation teams
- Provide expert level troubleshooting and problem resolutions
- Create, review and maintain documentation and presentations
- Analyze potential impact of new threats and exploits.
- Lead and mentor junior members of the team in technical areas
- Provide training to services and operations team members
- Collaborate with peer teams globally and communicate frequently
- Workflow and process creation.
- Participate in Computer Security Incidence Response Team activities
- 3-5 years of experience
- A demonstrated professional work history in providing information security architecture, engineering and/or consulting services to large enterprise organizations
- Ability to work effectively with both business leaders and technology teams to solve business problems with technical solutions
- Either a diverse background in many technical security disciplines - including network security, application security, systems security or wireless security or a deep technical understanding in either application security, network security, systems security, or wireless security..
- Ability to demonstrate aptitude, interest, and passion in keeping up with information security technical trends, research, and current development
- Aptitude and desire to expand skill set and comfort zone to other areas of information security.
- Ability to serve as either the project manager, technical team lead, or engineer on many different technical information security projects.
- An understanding of information security regulations, standards, and compliance as it relates to Client's business.
- A demonstrated commitment to the information security profession through advanced education, training, certification, or industry participation.
- Innovative Mindset
- Incident Response
- Web Application Security
- Database Security
- Strong Regex Skills
- Scripting (Perl/Python)
- Strong Linux Background
- Strong Packet Analysis
- Operational/Process Automation
- Understanding of Data Visualization
- Data Correlation and Analysis
Cisco (CCSP or CCIE Security)
Minimum 10 years in Security/Information protection/Technology/Risk field
Visa sponsorship is not available.