Job Title: Senior Java Developer
REPORTS TO: Senior Developer Lead
Location: NYC Downtown
POSITION: RISK Technology Java Developer
LEVEL: Consultant / Contractor
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
This is a senior Java developer position to work on multiple Market Risk & Credit Risk Initiatives in the Strategic Global Platform.
- 8+ Years of core Java programming as senior developer / lead role.
- Writing high performance application code and use of profiling tools.
- Experience designing and building large scale distributed systems, in memory and other caching technology.
- Extensive experience in multithreading, concurrency, performance optimization, large data efficient processing and optimal memory storage.
- Strong Database skills across SQL Server, Oracle ExaData.
- Good Development rigor with code reviews, unit testing.
- 3+ years of development experience in Market Risk, Credit Risk.
- 7+ years of experience in Financial Products and Market Data. Specifically Equities, Fixed Income, and Derivative instruments.
- Proven track record with 3+ years in a single Financial Institution
- Manage tight deadlines or unexpected requirement changes
- Ability to learn/understand some technical implications of system design
- Willingness to ask questions, challenge the process and seek out answers
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and take ownership of various parts of the project
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Market risk, Credit Risk, Capital Markets, Credit derivatives, Greeks, Taylor Series, Monte Carlo models.
- Agile Processes & Practices. E.g. Scrum
- Autosys Processes