Location: Livingston, NJ
Sr. Business Analyst
This Sr. Business Analyst position will gather and define requirements to enhance Client’s current SDLC Waterfall methodology, and develop requirements for the design and pilot of an Agile methodology.
Position Description (Summary and Essential Duties):
Candidate will be the Business Analyst to assess the current SDLC, review current artifacts for each project stage, gather and define requirements to enhance Client’s Waterfall methodology to reflect needed activities and artifacts at each stage. The candidate will define activities and deliverables to strengthen the Waterfall Methodology / implement various types of solutions across the SDLC.
As Business Analyst, the candidate will also gather requirements necessary for the design and pilot of an Agile methodology to enable an iterative and rapid approach to project delivery, improved capacity management, and more frequent, meaningful engagement between IT and Business.
The Business Analyst will be a critical member of the implementation team to define requirements for an enhanced Waterfall and design / deploy an official Agile Methodology. The candidate, working with IT and business partners will be required to:
• Maintain the primary steps in the current Client Waterfall process, but revise the activities within each step, to provide greater process discipline, more accurate planning and scheduling, and cost and benefit determination
• Review draft list of artifacts specified by FFIEC (Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council) and comparison to current Client artifact requirements
• Rationalize the set of deliverables and artifacts to comply with FFIEC and internal audit requirements; tailor to enhanced Waterfall and Agile methodologies; add several new deliverables and artifacts to the current methodology, in order to address gaps vs. FFIEC requirements; eliminate duplication
• Document remaining elements of enhanced Waterfall and Official Agile methodologies, i.e., create detailed design
• Prepare training materials to support the rollout of enhanced Waterfall and Official Agile methodologies and required deliverables / artifacts
• Adhere to appropriate SDLC methodology with completion of appropriate artifacts
• Work with the project team to produce presentation material for project meetings as well as meetings with the regulators
• Work with the Architecture team as standard bearer for Agile, during the pilot phases
Minimum Required Skills and Experience:
• Undergraduate degree a must
• 7+ years of solid Business Analysis experience
• Expert experience in requirements gathering and analysis for large initiatives while interacting with multiple stakeholders; ability to be effective in a matrix organization
• Experience in software development projects, with expert knowledge of Waterfall and Agile development methodologies, deliverables / artifacts, tools and techniques
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills; experienced presenter
• Strong leadership and people management skills
• Business experience in Finance/Accounting a plus
• Management consulting and experience with the MS Project Server 2012 is a plus